Council Fees & Bond

Council Fees

If you decide to buy one of our homes you will sign a contract and usually pay a 10% deposit. This contract is subject to council approval, plans, engineer’s reports and soil tests which are all required before submitting building applications and can be arranged by us on your behalf. It is the owner’s responsibility to pay any and all associated fees.

Council Bond

Most councils require a bond. It is required by councils because past owners failed to complete service connections, painting and sufficient facilities required by the council. Instead of paying a cash bond you can provide council with a bank guarantee, which is a letter from the bank guaranteeing that you will complete the necessary work to fit the council’s requirements and you receive a finalisation certificate, the council will release the guarantee back to the bank.

If you pay the council a cash bond, the council does not hold the bond until complete, instead they will release the bond to you in stages as the work progresses.

Somerset, Gold Coast, Brisbane and Gympie Councils no longer require a bond.

David Wright is Queensland No.1 House Remover

  • All our work is insured by QBCC
  • Public Liability on all of our jobs
  • Building’s insured by us against structural damage from the commencement of our work until lowered onto foundations

Contact us today for a competitive quote

07 3888 2234

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.